King Kong, French crepes, a new leather jacket & my love. What more could a girl want in a weekend away?
My boyfriend, D, is an intern at an investment bank this summer. The perfect excuse for a weekend in Melbourne, no?
The highlights (apart from seeing him)
- Getting dressed up for the spectacle of King Kong at the gorgeous Regent Theatre
- French crepes in Fitzroy at Breizoz – I’ll be back for the pear poached in vanilla sauce & wine, drizzled with chocolate ganache
- A new leather jacket – Melbourne was unexpectedly cold
- Mag Nation – A shop devoted to magazines. Picked up an Elle UK – I’m sad to say, I prefer to its new Australian counterpart
- The fluffiest cupcakes in the world at Cupcakes by Paolo on Collins
- Devilishly indulgent Portugese tapas & sweet Pedro X sherry at Bar Lourinha
- A new skirt from Kookai
- Happy nails thanks to Chelsea from Trophy Wife Nail Art in Richmond
- Watching D’s face light up when we stumbled upon Double Monk on Smith Street
- Books for Cooks on Gertrude Street. Paradise for a cookbook lover like me
- Mouthwatering antipasto at Tazio
- Clubbing in Prahan
- Finally getting a table at Chin Chin, the most delicious of Asian restaurants
- Strolling through Southbank
Details of the above and more thoughts on the magic of Melbourne soon. Today I have a 21st to prepare for.